You can customize the leave feature to fit your organizational needs, by navigating to the ‘Settings’ tab, which is located at the bottom left of the sidebar, then click 'Leave' to manage the leave settings.
Underneath that, you will be given an option to define the ‘start of the year by each location’. Change the value of these fields, if the start of the year of any location is differs from the start of the year which your company observes.
The leave settings page also allows you to set the following:
- Workplace Start of the year
- Employees can see co-workers vacations
- Default employee paid days off
- Default employee paid hours off
- Start of the year by locations/departments which you have added in your account
- Limits - Set the maximum number employees who can book leaves in a day.
Note: Placing the value '5' for the option 'Limit number of employees on leave, across all leave types' means that, only 5 employees can be given off per day.
You can exclude certain leave types from this restriction by selecting the names of those leave types under the option, 'Exclude certain leave types from the Limit'.