1. When is the domain transfer going to happen?
Our team will be migrating shiftplanning.com to humanity.com on Saturday, March 4th at 1:30 AM PT (10:30 AM CET).
2. How will the migration be done?
We will follow these steps:
- Changes multiple DNS records: approximately 5 mins
- Time of TTL propagation: approximately 100 secs
- Prolonged time of propagation mentioned in question 3
3. How long it’s going to take to be completed?
We are doing our best to make this migration as seamless as possible for all our users. To date, we expect your team members to be affected no more than a 100 seconds (DNS - Time To Live).
However, DNS propagation time can vary depending on external factors. Rest assured that our team will be fully dedicated to making this migration a success within the shortest time frame possible.
4. How will users be affected?
All our user will have access the app from the new login page: https://www.humanity.com/app
All traffic from www.shiftplanning.com/app/ will automatically be redirected to the new login page.
We advise all our users to update their bookmarks!
5. Will admins and managers need to do anything?
We recommend that you notify all your employees of this upcoming change!
Please keep in mind that:
- If you are an API user, you will need to update your application links to point to our new humanity.com domain.
- If you are a SAML user, you will be required to update your SAML Provider URL and replace all shiftplanning.com domains with humanity.com.
For more information, see questions 11 and 13 below.
6. Will my login be affected?
After the migration, your Humanity app will be accessible through the new Humanity.com domain.
If you were previously automatically logged in, you will need to log in again to create a new session/cookie for the new humanity.com domain.
7. Will users have to change passwords?
You will be able to access your app with the same username and password.
8. Will social logins be affected?
Integrations with Twitter, Google, LDAP and OpenID have been removed due to a lack of usage and insufficient performance.
Our team has decided that only the Facebook login will be kept after the migration. Because of the propagation time, please be advised that access to the Facebook login may be delayed for up to 48h.
In the near future, the team will assess all social login integrations and select the ones that deliver a user experience of the highest standards.
9. Will mobile users be affected by the migration?
Humanity mobile app users will not be affected by the migration.
However, keep in mind that after the migration is completed:
- shiftplanning.com/app/ipad will be deprecated and users will be redirected to humanity.com/app/iphone
- Blackberry apps will be deprecated and removed from the store
- Swap (HV1) application will be removed from the store
10. Will this migration affect SAML users?
As a SAML user, regardless of provider, you will be required to:
- Update all your URLs on the SAML provider side from shiftplanning.com to humanity.com
- Generate new SAML issuer URL and remote logout URL
- Generate new X.509 certificate on the SAML provider page
- Enter it into the Humanity application
By doing this, you will ensure that your team will be able to seamlessly log into your Humanity app after the migration.
11. What happens with SSO-only login options?
Some of our customers have chosen to disable standard “Password login” and use Single-Sign-On (SSO) exclusively, meaning that their employees cannot log in to the app using standard usernames and passwords.
After the migration, your SSO login will not work until your IT team updates the parameters appropriately.
To make sure that your employees will still be able to access the app, our team will temporarily enable “Password login” for all those accounts.
When trying to log in to the app, your employee will see a login page. They will have to click on “forget password” to create a new password. Once this step is completed, they will be able to access the Humanity app as usual.
As soon as the migration is completed - March 4th at 1:30 am - your IT team needs to update their SSO parameters AND disable the “Password login” option that our team has enabled.
The path is Settings > Single Sign-On > uncheck “Allow password login”.
12. Will this migration affect API users?
As an API user, you will be required to update your application links to point to a new link that we will soon provide.
To give your team flexibility, we will be redirecting API requests from the current shiftplanning.com endpoints to the new addresses for 30 days - On April 5th, you will need to ensure your application(s) are set up to the new endpoints.
We recommend you make these updates on March 4th.
13. Can I get started with the API switch now?
No. You’ll have to wait until March 4th at 1:30 am PT before making any changes to your API setup.
14. What should I do if my Time Clock Terminal is not working?
It's quite simple, you just need to refresh URL via Refresh URL button in terminal settings, and paste new URL in the new tab of the same browser. If you're still experiencing problems with this, please check step-by-step instructions with screenshots here.
15. What should I do if my Calendar sync is not working?
You will need to generate new Calendar sync URL and paste it to your Calendar client (Google calendar, iCal, etc). If you're still experiencing problems with this, please check step-by-step instructions with screenshots here.