From your Computer Applies to Managers
The objective of this tutorial is to show the integration of Humanity with Square along with instructions for setting up and activating the integration.
Square is an industry-leading point of sale system that helps businesses of all industries and sizes manage digital receipts, sales reports, inventory and much more.
For more information about the square, go to 'squareup.com'
Things to know before you begin:
To configure Humanity with Square, you need the following items:
- An active Humanity account with administrator permissions
- A Square Employee Management account with owner role and permissions.
To Integrate Square with Humanity:
- Currently, integration supports one-way sync from Square to Humanity (i.e. data from Square will be synced to Humanity); Sync of Humanity data to Square is not available at this point.
- Syncable data are employees and their details.
- The sync is automatically triggered every 1 hour.
Note: A change in the email address of the Square Employee Management account which activated the integration will result in a deactivation of the integration.
To Sync Employees:
- Employees are synced from Square to Humanity as users with 'employee' permissions.
- During the initial sync, the employee match between Humanity and Square will be done by employee's email address.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
Upon the initial sync, Humanity will automatically create accounts for all employees that don’t have a Humanity account.
- Employee Sync Overview
- Integration Setup Instructions
Employee data which will be synced from Square to Humanity:
- First name
- Last name
- Email Address
- Employee Status
- Employee ID
The integration will recognize and sync data upon the following actions:
Note:Employee's profiles must be activated. You can activate the inactive user's accounts at once or in bulk by accessing Staff Module.
- Employee/s created in Square
- Employee/s updated in Square
- Employee/s deactivated in Square
For more information about activating employees, go to Send Activation Emails / Manually Activate or Not Activated / Bulk Activation.
Back to Top
Step 1: Log in to your 'Humanity Account' and go to the 'Settings' (⚙ gear icon) in the upper right corner.
If 'Integrations' module is not listed please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Choose the 'Integrations Module' listed in the Integration section on the left side panel.
Step 3: Choose the 'Square' integration from the Integrations main page.
Note: Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 are shown in Image 1.
Step 4: Click on the 'Enable' button as shown in Image 2.
Step 5: You will be redirected to the 'Square Login' page to authenticate by entering your email and password, after which you will be returned to 'Humanity’s Square Integration' page as shown in Image 3.
Step 6: Authentication between the two apps is completed and the integration is activated as shown in Image 4.
Back to Top
Step 1: Click on the 'Employee Sync' checkbox located on the Square Integration page’s under 'Resource setup' section and click 'Save' as shown in Image 5.
Step 2: The 'Employee Sync' has been activated and the 'Initial Employee Data' sync begins immediately as shown in Image 6.
Once it's completed, you will receive a notification email upon initial sync successful completion (applicable only if your Humanity Admin Account email is confirmed).
Note: Before you enable Employee sync via the Square integration page in Humanity, please make sure that each employee within your Square account has a First Name, Last Name, Email and Status defined.
Back to Top
- Send Activation Emails / Manually Activate
- Not Activated / Bulk Activation
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!